What is a sustainable condominium?
A building that is designed, planned and constructed to have minimum impact on the environment and natural resources while simultaneously providing commercial, social and environmental benefits for the building or business owner, those working in the facility, as well as the environment.
There is a need for both sustainability and housing, one that we know is growing more important with every passing day. In this article, we will help to explain why we choose to develop sustainable condominiums as well as why they are necessary.
Firstly, with weather volatility, fluctuating energy costs, and climate change, the need to decrease humanity’s carbon footprint is a necessity no longer up for discussion. Buildings are huge consumers of energy, they account for half of the world’s energy expenditure as well as almost half the greenhouse emissions, a fifth of the water consumption and waste produced.
Secondly, developments especially those that fall under condominiums or apartments are in high demand and will continue to grow in demand as society develops and the population grows and expands more globally.
Important factors we consider
- Site: Although this may not apply to an existing building, for new construction, we would want to make sure the site for the sustainable condominium complex has taken into consideration the immediate area’s climate, natural surroundings, and even noise. Climate and natural surroundings such as trees, waterways, hills, slopes, and wind-flow patterns can all have an impact on how much air-conditioning is required in summer.
- Energy Efficiency: HVAC systems, lighting, and insulation all are considerations in determining the energy efficiency of a facility. The use of both active and passive solar power, as well as natural ventilation, can help reduce heating and cooling costs and energy demand and add value to the property.
- Water Efficiency: Such as low-flow, high-pressure showerheads and dual-flush toilets in bathrooms. Also, because energy is needed to transport water, water conservation and energy conservation go hand in hand.
Why we choose Sustainable Condominiums
- Environmental Benefits: Sustainable Condominiums help reduce the consumption of water, energy, and other natural resources, and will have long-term environmental, sustainable, and ecological benefits for years to come
- Social Benefits: We always consider the health and happiness of the occupants, as well as quality, we look for innovative ways to improve the life and overall health of our building’s guests. One proven way is to build sustainable housing as they have found information saying that people living in green condos are generally more healthy than those in normal condominiums.
- Direct Economic Benefits: Most green and sustainable buildings pay for themselves within the first eight to ten years of construction due to reduced operating costs. Typically reductions in energy operating costs for a green building are as much as 40 percent when compared to a conventional building.
The most effective building designs are those done with sustainable features incorporated into every aspect of the construction process. For multifamily properties which lodge hundreds of residents and consume a large amount of energy each day, it is important to place eco-friendly and energy resourceful elements throughout to keep costs and energy usage down. The benefits of cheaper long-run costs, less environmental damage, and satisfied residents make adding green elements to ANY property an obvious and smart choice.
To find out more about our projects please follow this page: https://www.bluehorizon-thailand.com/contact/